Nikhil Kamath is an entrepreneur, stockbroker, cofounder, and CIO of Zerodha and columnist for The Financial Express.
Nikhil Kamath Biography
Trader, Nikhil Kamath was born on September 5, 1986, in Shimoga, Karnataka to his parent’s father Raghuram Kamath who is a retired executive of Canara bank and mother Revathi Kamath who is a veena player.
- He has a height of 5 feet and 9 inches or 1.75cm.
- Kamath has a dark brown color pair of eyes and has black color hair type.
- He holds the nationality of Indian and from caste Gaud Saraswat Brahmin. As from a Brahmin family, he is a non-vegetarian.
Schooling And Education of Nikhil Kamath
- Talking about His education qualification he a school dropout student. He went to Oxford senior secondary school in JP Nagar, Bangalore.
- In an interview, he revealed that he dislikes going to school because he does not understand the practicality of the education system. Kamath was only good at maths subject. When he was in 10th class, his attendance is short, that time he thinks it is the perfect time to drop out of school. Later, at the age of 14-year-old, he first started his business of selling secondhand mobiles.
Nikhil Kamath has one elder brother Nithin Kamath, who is co-founder along with Nikhil of Zerodha company. The brothers together share a good bonding. Even they describe as they are a very close friend of each other.
Relationship , Marriage And Wife
The 34-year-old man Nikhil is married. He ties the knot with his wife name Amanda Puravankara, who is a director at provident Housing Ltd. Banglore.
Road to Become Billionaire / Career Timeline :
- Nikhil started making money at the age of 14, after dropping out of school. His first venture was selling old phones but in very no time her mother threw away all phones because he was a young age at that time and think that this is not suitable for him. For her mother’s decision, Nikhil had to shut down his business.
- Later, at the age of 17, he joins a BPO with an 8,000 per month salary job, for this he has to forge his birth certificate as the age requirement for the job is 18 years.
- Nikhil did the night shift he works at 4 pm to 1 am schedule and during the day, he does his trading business. Adding to that he manages to convince his manager to let him manage the money of the call center and on behalf of that he provides him every day full attendance and incentives in exchange.
- Nikhil does a call center job until 2004. After that, he starts a trading firm with brother Nithin called Kamath Associates.
- Then, he never looked back again and grows gradually. In 2010 he launched the trading company Zerodha (combination of two words zero + rodha where Rodha is a Sanskrit word for Barrier).
- In the year 2020 when everybody faces a bad situation According to Nikhil, he also had a bad time instead of that during lockdown his company added 2 million new customers too. Zerodha charges a nominal Rs20 on every Intra trade basis. Irrespective of that reaching the year 2021 his company facilitates 5 million orders daily.
- 2019, he started another management called True Becon. It is also an investing company.
- In 2020, Nikhil applied for the license for mutual fund-based AMC.
Awards & Honours :
- Nikhil Kamath won Emerging Entrepreneur Award by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) In 2014
- In 2014 He Also Won The emerging brokerage firm of the year by BSE and Dun & Bradstreet
- In the next Year 2015 Nikhil won The emerging brokerage firm of the year by BSE and Dun & Bradstreet
- Nikhil Kamath become the Top 10 Indian businessmen to watch out for in 2016
- In 2016 Nikhil Ranked in the list of Forbes India top 30 under 30, Finance
Nikhil Kamath Wiki
|Full Name||Nikhil Kamath|
|Occupation(s)||Entrepreneur, Trader, Investor, Businessman|
|Known For||Co-founder of Indian Finance Company Zerodha|
|Physical Stats of Nikhil|
|Height||5’ 9” /175 cm /1.75 m ( Approx.)|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Birthdate||September 5, 1986|
|Age (as of 2021)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Shimoga, Karnataka , India|
|School||Oxford Senior Secondary School in JP Nagar, Bangalore|
|Educational Qualification||High School drop out|
|Caste||Gaud Saraswat Brahmin|
|Address||Kingfisher Towers, Bangalore|
|Hobbies||Painting, Playing Guitar|
View this post on Instagram
Also Read About : Ebony Obsidian
Facts about Nikhil Kamath
- He is India’s youngest billionaire.
- Nikhil is featured in various business magazines.
- His pet dog’s name is Hope.
- In the year 2020, in Forbes list, the two Kamath brothers included in 100 Richest people in India.